Please ensure you read the below information regarding insurance through BHF Couriers before considering BHF Couriers as your choice of transport.
In the unlikely event that your item is lost, stolen or damaged in transit, we offer a basic insurance of $9.90 incl GST which covers you between $0 - $500.00 AUD and is available to all customers who send freight (as an optional extra). This Insurance has a $150.00 AUD excess which is payable by the insured (you the customer). If your items are valued between $500.00 AUD -$20,000 AUD we may be able to cover your items for an additional charge. This is charged at 3.5% + GST of the invoice value of the item/s you wish to insure. This Insurance also incurs a $150.00 AUD excess which is payable by the insured (you the customer).
All insurance claims must be reported to BHF Couriers within 7 business days of delivery. Please find below a list of prohibited/restricted cargo that we do not insure under any circumstances.
Prohibited/restricted cargo types include:
- Alcoholic beverages, Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Animals, animal products, animal skins
- Fur(s), ivory, endangered, animal products
- Antiques, fine art or works of art
- Furniture of any discription
- Car parts and car accessories
- Collectibles and/or irreplaceable items
- Any items worth more than its original purchase price or that is not commonly available
- Currency or negotiable instruments
- Dangerous goods, hazardous or combustible materials
- Aerosols & perfumes
- Flammable liquids, petrol, lighter fluid, flammable solids, non-safety matches
- Gases, mace, camping gas, oxidizers, bleach, poisons, pesticides, corrosives, car batteries, lithium batteries, mercury
- Drugs/Narcotics (illegal) and pharmaceutical products
- Detonators, fuses, grenades, mines and explosives, fireworks & flares
- Firearms, parts thereof and ammunition
- Humain remains (including ashes)
- Industrial diamonds and carbons
- Medical samples
- Diagnostics specimens, blood, urine, bodily fluids, tissue samples
- Perishable items
- Flowers, dry ice, foodstuffs, items requiring temperature control or special handling, plants
- Cotton, seeds, teas, tobacco
- Precious & semi-precious stones (including jewellery)
- Glass is excluded from any cargo type (any items which contain glass)
- Watches & costumes jewellery
Important Information Regarding Insurance
When booking with BHF Couriers you are agreeing that you have read and understood a copy of the Financial Services Guide (FSG), the Product Disclosure Statement and the Policy Terms and Conditions. For further information regarding this please call our office on 1300888243.
All insurance claims must be reported to BHF Couriers within 7 business days of delivery. Your claim will become void if reported after this time.
We strongly advise to take photos of any items that you are transporting so that if a claim should be made, you have as much photographic evidence as possible.
If you need to make a claim please contact our insurance supervisor on 1300888243 or feel free to email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call our office on 1300888243
and speak to one of our friendly
|Monday – Friday||8:30am-5:00pm AEST|
|Public Holidays||Website Only|